To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form prior to your procedure date. If not received, the Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. You may fax your registration form to 503-364-0081. The Pre-Registration Department direct line is 503-364-3704.
A staff member will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process.
If you have not received a call by 2:00 p.m. the business day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 503-364-3704.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
The night before your surgery you may eat a light meal before 11:00 p.m. Do not drink or eat anything after midnight—not even coffee or water. You may brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything.
There may be exceptions to this rule in specific circumstances. We will talk with you on your pre-op phone call. If you have questions please call us at 503-364-3704.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival. It is the policy of Northbank Surgical Center that you not use any recreational drugs, including marijuana or tobacco products, on the day of your surgery. Your surgery may have to be cancelled and rescheduled if this policy is not followed.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery. You will be asked to remove any piercings prior to surgery, most importantly any facial piercings (nose rings, lip rings, etc.)
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours. This should be a responsible adult.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 503-364-3704 as soon as possible.